Chocolate Chip Cookies
adapted from "Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies" I doubled the recipe and made some changes.
1/2 cup butter softened
1/2 cup applesauce
2/3 cup white sugar
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 large egg
1 T ground flax seed + 3 T water
1 T vanilla
1 t baking soda
1 t salt1 1/2 cup rolled oats
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup wheat flour
1 1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup butterscotch chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grind oats in food processor or blender.
3. Cream together until smooth butter, applesauce, sugars, egg, ground flax seed + water, and vanilla. Add baking soda and salt.
4. Combine the ground oats, white and wheat flour. Add to the wet ingredients while beater is running. Beat at low speed until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
5. Grease cookie sheet. Drop by heaping teaspoons onto greased cookie sheets. Bake about 15 minutes until firm around edges and golden on top. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
So I have in my mind some ways to adapt and change the recipe. I'll post any successes but for now...Enjoy:-)