Sunday, October 27, 2013

Brush strokes in a Masterpiece

Classic Masterpiece Paintings Made of Shredded Magazines - My Modern Metropolis by candidlove on Pictify

It is so easy to focus on the larger picture, to constantly be planning the future rather than living fully in today. I do not know the future and, for all the plans I attempt to make, many things are out of my control. 

How often do we offer the advise to ourselves and our friends to see "the big picture?" But today I am reminded that the big picture is made up of tiny brush strokes and intentional choices of color that create the masterpiece. 

As a Parent Coach, one of the principles I understand to be true of life is "the little things mean more than we will ever know." It is the paradox of knowing there is the big, beautiful picture but living fully in the beauty, mess, and chaos of our current stroke of the masterpiece.

No comments:

Post a Comment